Monday, July 10, 2006

Steamy Surprise


What a crappy night. Sunday nights are quite possibly the crappiest work nights ever and last night was no exception. For anyone that prepares deposit bags that are dropped in a night drop: Just seal the bag straight across, don't roll it up like a burrito or stick the tape to some other part of the bag. Also, if you forget to put something in the bag don't staple it on, just use a new bag. I thought that the word "From" printed on a label was pretty explanatory but I guess it isn't in the vocabulary of most people who prepare deposit bags from stores in the mall. You have no idea how annoying it is for the people who pick up the bag. Anyways... What the heck does that have to do with my title?
I needed to run and swim today so I ran and then went to the pool. As usual the pool was full which isn't really that hard with only three lanes. So I decided to go wait in the steam room. Bad idea. There were three people in the vaporized sweat already and I went to one side and laid down to close my eyes and wait. You know how you can see shadows through your eyelids? Well I did. I opened my eyes to see a large hairy man emerge from the steam waving his arms above me like he was doing jumping jacks. I didn't know whether to scream or ignore him or laugh. It kinda freaked me out for a second though. But I just ignored him and opted for the hot tub at my first opportunity to leave. Moral of the story. Never close your eyes in a steam room.

No comments: