Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happy 7-11 Day

Wow there are a lot of really weird pictures that come up in google images when you search for 7-11. Most of them taken on some 7-11 long gone. I think the funniest I saw was a gigantic lizard with what looked like a pink cat leash on. Anyways.. I figured Eric would have an ode to 7-11 today and I discovered that I was right when I got home from my bike ride this morning. Where have all the 7-11's gone. I remember as a kid being able to ride my bike to five or six stores without much trouble. Now it seems most of the stores are relegated to State Street. One of my favorite activities in Logan was to go get hot chocolate at some odd hour when the temperature was in the single digits. I also have to agree with Eric that the Slurpee is one of the greatest things ever to happen to mankind. I can't even begin to contemplate how many mind numbing brain freezes I have survived only to gulp down another Slurpee too fast and suffer the same fate again; but it is so worth the pain. I wish I could enjoy the taste of slushy goodness today but I haven't had time. Maybe we'll have to skip the Maverick at work tonight and head for the Sev.

---Great. Blogger is down again imagine that. At least it told me this time so I can save my post somewhere else. It only took about eight tries to upload this picture too.---

2 comments:

Eric said...

I recall one night Kenny and I were pulling an all-nighter. We went to the Sev around 3:00 am or so. I got some hot chocolate and a Redbull. Kenny had a cappuccino. I thought that it was odd. He said that he was glad that he went with me so that he could get it. I'm still confused about that. And then there was that one time Scott walked in on Cliff licking honey from his hands...

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have gotten Cliff to say "Oh Bother," at least once.