Thursday, July 20, 2006

BOO AH!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you think you catch something just on the edges of your peripheral vision and it freaks you out? Sometimes the thing you thought you saw is scary, sometimes it isn't. Well the other day as I was leaving the gym and climbing into my truck this freaked me out.


If you look real close you can make out the gigantic wolfhound staring me down in the passenger seat. I'm not really afraid of big dogs but apparently my animal instincts differentiate between wolves and dogs quite well. Only problem is it's a stupid seat cover.

On another note I just watched part of the recent music video post on Eric's blog and I have to say that I have listened to that song near a hundred times and until seeing that video I had absolutely no clue that the song was about chess. Listening to it know I feel kind of dumb that I didn't catch it before but it's a catchy tune. I also read Laura's post about having to actually work eight hours a day and initially I have to say I thought to myself "give me a break, eight hours...". Sorry Laura. I just have been working 8 to 16 hour shifts for so long; only eight hours seems like a vacation. But in my current position the more I thought about it most of my time at work right now is spent bouncing around in the back of a noise machine you might know as an armored truck. So in honor of Laura moving up to the 9 to 5 work force I am going to do an experiment tonight and see much of my 11 hours tonight is really spent doing actual work. I'll try and post the results tomorrow. And with that I'm off to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I work 8 hours and I actually WORK 8 hours...no slacking. It's a hard life. I think that I would rather work 8 busy hours than 8 slow "no work" hours. Time goes by so slow if you have time to watch the clock!

Anonymous said...

Let's not fight guys. Work sucks and we all know it. This is why I have decided to take most of the summer off to pursue and MBA.

Unknown said...

I really thought that the wolf was real in the picture.