Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Dang Boy Scouts Were Right

Be Prepared. Probably a good idea, I was just too lazy to listen to that advice though. I went on a little bike ride up Butterfield canyon this morning. It was a nice ride, sunny, not too hot. I saw a couple of deer and some lovely road kill. After about a three mile hill climb I decided I should probably turn around and head back down to my truck. I was cruising along on my new super skinny, slick road tires at about 35 miles an hour when I noticed that all the air was rushing out of my rear tire. Yay. Of course I just bought a patch kit, and I have a tire pump sitting in my garage and I thought this morning I should probably take this stuff with me. But honestly, who gets a flat tire riding on a perfectly good paved road with brand new tires and tubes? Me. And of course I decided this might be a good opportunity to ride topless to work on eliminating some whiteness. So I got to walk about 2 miles down the canyon with the sun burning my tender skin, in biking shoes, which was about half as uncomfortable as walking downhill in ski boots. Great stuff. So I think when I go next week I will Be Prepared.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

nope, didn't use any so I'm as red as ever all over again. i can't wait for the itching itch to begin.