Thursday, November 16, 2006

Utah, Land of the Lost


If you haven't heard about all the bodies being found in Strawberry Reservoir lately you should go read the articles on kutv or ksl. It's crazy. Two people drown and I think at the last count 3 or 4 different bodies have been found but not the two they originally went looking for. I'm happy for the families that have closure now. I still am awestruck that there are that many people that have disappeared in a specific recreation area and are still unaccounted for. I understand that the technology that's available now is the main reason for all the finds but I hope that the boat and robot setup will be busy all next summer looking for other people. Hopefully they can find the two who recently drowned before the reservoir freezes over. It's just kind of creepy to think that are probably other bodies in other lakes waiting to be found. Reading this afternoon I also saw that someone found the body of a woman by a trail in Ogden that had probably been there for 3 years. Maybe Utahn's need to be more cautious in the great outdoors. The next time I swim in a lake and feel something touch me I'll probably scream like a little girl.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I really didn't know THAT many people had died in Strawberry. I respect it even more when I think that he could take my life anytime he wants.

Unknown said...

I wonder how intact the bodies are being submerged in water for that long?

Tyler said...

Yes, that was a poorly written post with a lot of THAT. I figured the cough medicine influenced, sleep deprived ramblings would be better than nothing though. I'll shoot for better grammar in the future but you have to remember that I'm one of those unedumacated guys.

Eric said...

Oh no no, me using THAT was in reference to me not knowing that there is a big number of people that have drowned at Strawberry. I actually think that everyone that writes on the blogs are really good writers. Except for Ryan, but he's an engineer and will probably end up playing online games for a good portion of his life so it's understandable.