Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random Thoughts

Looking at my title this could be interesting.

Minor Irritations:

You get in your car and the door closes by itself but not quite all the way so you have to open it and shut it again.

You have an article of clothing you like to wear but it has some minor flaw that bugs you all day. Like the polo shirt with one side of the collar that always curls up. Your favorite shirt with the stain that didn't quite come out but you justify wearing it anyway. For me I have a self induced irritation. My pant length is 34". For some reason, maybe subconsciously I like to tease myself, I end up buying pants that are 32". When I try them on 32 feels right. Later when the shoes come into play and I sit down I realize that I have another pair of highwaters. It would be safe to say at least half of my pants are too short.

The turn signal that keeps turning itself off early, only to the left though.

You have a plan to grab something at a store or a gas station that you frequent. You know exactly where the item you want is, usually an energy drink for me. If you run in and go straight to checkout you can make it to where you need to be in time. When you are in a hurry, it never fails that someone gets in line in front of you with a plethora of crap and writes a check. Now, instead of being frustrated waiting in line I just give up and leave. I find it's easier to just do without and let it go.

Lyric of the Week:

"The past is only the future with the lights on"
-From "Baby Come On" by Plus 44

Boner Candidate today from X96:

Nephite Tennis Shoes, Good For Kicking In Doors

Christopher Heimerdinger, the author of the LDS children's series Tennis Shoes Among The Nephites was charged with a misdemeanor for kicking in the door of his estranged wife's apartment while the kids were inside; how Christlike. He was ordered to pay $300 in fines, sentenced to one year probation and has to attend a 16 week domestic-violence and anger-management course. I had to go into work before I found out whether he won or not. I was intrigued because I read some of these books when I was younger. It's odd that the person who wrote these books would do something like this. I feel sorry for the kids.

2 comments:

Mr. Belvedeere said...

You feel sorry for the kids?! What about me....I just read his first book 2 weeks ago and am halfway through the second one. Tennis Shoes kicks Harry Potter's butt.

Mr. Belvedeere said...

I feel so cheated