Thursday, August 10, 2006

Crazy Karnazes


I've been reading a lot lately about a guy named Dean Karnazes. He is a well known long distance runner and now he's planning on running 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states. Yeah, you read it right. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it a couple of weeks ago but Dean and his trainers both fully believe that he can do it. He has actually had to work to gain 8% body fat to be able to keep his body from eating his muscles over the runs. I believe he is normally around 4%. All the money that is raised goes to a foundation called Karno Kids to help kids become more active. I think it is really cool. I still don't really see it being possible but if he does complete even half of his goal he will completely shatter the conceptions of what the human body is capable of. Here is a link to the official webpage. I think that having a lot of K's in a title is kinda krazy though. It reminds me of all the country stores and gas stations still run by good old boys in rural Texas, like Karl's Kountry Korner. The run starts September 17th.

No comments: