Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bloomington: Attempt Deux



I was really bummed that I couldn't go to the last Bloomington trip and my attempt was almost foiled by my supervisor again this time but I finally made it. I love Bloomington, this lake has to be one of the coolest places to camp especially with the addition of the wicked awesome rope swing. I was looking forward to lighting off some "noise making devices" under the cover of darkness but to my chagrin there were more people there this weekend than I have ever seen before. Not people just hiking in and leaving either, we had to scavenge for a camping spot for about 30 minutes before we found something that would accommodate the tent. So it was kind of crappy that it was so crowded but we still found a pretty decent spot and had a small fire. I found that I always end up bringing too much crap, I even thought I was packing light but I still didn't use half of what I packed in. I don't know that I will ever be able to truly pack light. The water is still freezing cold or as I like to call it "hurty cold" but I got numb after the initial shock wore off. I was attempting to call Ryan a pansy for not going in the water all the way to fetch a log for Kade, Lori's nephew but it backfired on me. I attempted to prove that Ryan was being silly by making my way into the water up to my knees alongside him. Then I ended up performing the same shivering dance maneuvers, thinking about the well being of my children and debating whether I was really going to go in or not. So Kade ended up throwing my sandal into the lake and I made him go get it; so the youngest of us all ended up being the manliest by taking the plunge first. Kudos Kade. I ended up only going off the rope swing once and now I wish I would have done it more because it was a whole lot easier than jumping off the cliff and probably higher too but oh well, next year. I did jump off the cliff twice but I will admit it did take a lot of standing at the edge and staring down at the water asking myself why I wanted to jump off a nice ledge. There was a cameo by Gollum which I think caught us all by surprise, luckily I got a picture before he lunged off the cliff after his precioussss. Sorry Ryan I couldn't resist. All in all it was a great trip and I look forward to many more in the future.


The players in this little adventure (doing the Ryan pose) were from left to right: Me, Kira, Ryan, Lori and Kade, McCall and Kellen. If I spelled some names wrong I apologize, leave me a comment and I will correct them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, but I'd like more topless Ryan.