Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Place For Me


I have come to the conclusion that only the handicapped, pregnant and senior citizens shop at Harmon's grocery store. At least that is what I gather from trying to park in the parking lot. Literally 1/3 of the parking lot is reserved for one group or another. I don't mind walking through the parking lot but society's concern over special needs is going way too far. So I made a parking sign just for me. I think that stores should leave at least two spaces near the store that aren't reserved for anyone. Sure the people I mentioned before could still park there but I could also park there without feeling guilty. Speaking about feeling guilty, I have a question. If you're in a parking lot and there are 8 handicapped spots marked with signs and wheelchair painted parking spaces but then there are two spots without signs and faded wheelchair insignia; should I feel guilty for parking in the semi-marked spaces? I'm really not sure if they are handicapped or not but I sure have gotten some crusty looks for parking in them before. You would think I was stealing from a cripple or something. By the way these spots are at the Gold's Gym on 78th and Redwood so if you happen by take a look and give me your opinion.

update 9/21/06
So I'm wondering if the good ole Gold people can read my mind because when I went today things have changed. There are now two "islands" of 4 clearly painted handicapped spots one with a sign one without. However one of the signs that used to be by one of the marked cluster of spaces has been transplanted to stand by the two mostly faded parking spots. Making a difference one post at a time. Or at least I like to think so...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Honestly how many handicap parking spots do you need at a gym?

Anonymous said...

I bet the guy that came into the women's workout room parks in a handicapped spot too...he just thinks he's "EVERYBODY"...He thinks he's a women, pregnant, handicapped and who knows what else!!!

Unknown said...

Tyler, I have a temporary handicap pass that I can sell you. It is good until the end of October.