Saturday, October 07, 2006

Music Buzz

I was super excited when I got an email this week that the new band +44 was going to be playing at The Venue in Salt Lake on the 24th of this month. If you haven't heard of Plus 44 I'm sure you will. They are the other half of Blink 182 but most importantly their drummer is Travis Barker, who I think is one of the greatest drummers of all time. I say I was because this week I got another email saying that Travis broke his arm and may or may not being playing the tour but he is trying to play the set with one hand. So anyways if Travis is still coming I think this might be a concert that you shouldn't miss. If anyone wants to go let me know. The bands new cd comes out in November and I predict it will be huge.

Another band worth looking forward to is Broke. They are actually a local band that has gotten a lot of help recording their new album from Branden Steineckert, former drummer for the Used. There has been a little documentary about Broke playing on Comcast and I'm really looking forward to their album also. Their album doesn't have an official release date yet but should be coming soon.

I also got the new John Mayer cd off ITunes this week and it's growing on me. If you only liked the John Mayer songs that got played on the radio I don't think you will like his new album. Most of the songs are slower but the guitar keeps getting better and better.

Thinking about buying the new Killers cd...

No comments: